The three-week training program in economic diplomacy was developed by the staff of the Hennadii Udovenko Diplomatic Academy of Ukraine together with the Directorate of Economic Diplomacy (DED) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine and leading international experts. During the training, diplomats learn about:
- strategic goals and directions of economic diplomacy of Ukraine;
- current trends in the global economy;
- state and prospects of economic development of Ukraine;
- activity of the Council of Exporters and Investors at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine as a tool to support exporters and attract investments;
- diplomat’s work with international financial and economic organizations;
- principles and rules of export-import operations;
- foreign markets in the context of national economic interests;
- financial instruments to support Ukrainian business in international markets.
The speakers of the first training day were Yulia Ni, acting Director-General of the Directorate of Economic Diplomacy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine, and Natalia Karasyova, Assistant Director of the DAU, Doctor of Economics.
The main tasks of economic diplomacy are to promote Ukrainian exports abroad, attract investment into Ukraine’s economy and grow “inbound tourism”. Foreign diplomatic missions of Ukraine are “ambassadors” of Ukrainian business abroad.
Ukraine has all chance to advance its economic interests right now, in a crisis, because it is a window of opportunity. Together with experts and diplomats, we have developed the most practical course, with recommendations that can be applied in the work right now.
The training is held for diplomats who are assigned to economic posts abroad.