Over the past few days, the students visited the European Union House in Estonia and the e-Estonia Briefing Center, where they got acquainted with the EU foreign policy goals and the work of the Estonian Digital Community. Ukrainian and Estonian digital experts spoke about them, including:
- Alex Bornyakov, Deputy Minister of Digital Transformation of Ukraine;
- Tanel Sepp, Director of the Cyber Diplomacy Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Estonia;
- Merle Maigre, Senior Cybersecurity Expert at the Academy of Electronic Governance, Advisor to the Presidents of Estonia on Security Policy (2012-2017).
The speakers shared:
- achievements in the development of electronic services,
- digital transformation and information and communication technologies,
- and discussed the lessons of the cyber side of Russia’s war against Ukraine.
The day was summed up by Gert Antsu, who spoke about the political dimension of the war in Ukraine and its consequences for the region.